Are you still using Yahoo Mail in 2020? Yahoo Mail is synonymous to a sinking ship whose users are fleeting fast. If you’re looking to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Outlook, you’ve landed on the right page.
Yahoo Mail was one of the earliest Email services and would be your first-ever Email. But, with time, many new feature-loaded advanced Email services came up.
Yahoo started becoming irrelevant and faced significant issues like negligence and weak security, which suffered a disastrous data breach. Other prominent issues like ads taking the main focus of the page, and no app support for Windows 10.
How to Set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook
Setting Up Account before Yahoo Mail to Outlook transfer:
To allow Outlook the access of your Yahoo Account, check if your account has “two-step verification” or not.
Two-step verification is enabled, generate an app password
- Login in to your Yahoo id and go to your Account security page.
- Select the “Generate app password” or “Manage app passwords.”
- Choose the Outlook app in the dropdown menu and click on “Generate.”
- Look for the command below the password.
- Choose Done.
- Use this app password and your email address to sign-in into the app.
No two-step verification
- Log-in to your account.
- On the upper right side, click on your profile name and select “Account Info.”
- Choose the Account Security option.
- Switch on the “allow apps that use less secure sign-in” toggle.
- Your Yahoo Mail is ready to accept sign-ins from Outlook. We’re ready to go.
Setting up Yahoo email in Outlook 2019,2016 and Office 365
- In Outlook, go to the File tab.
- Select the Info option >> Add Account.
- Enter your Yahoo Mail login id and Click on Connect.
- Now enter the Yahoo Mail account password or the app password we generated before(in case of two-step verification).
- Choose Connect.
Now, your Yahoo Mail account is in sync with Outlook.
Setting up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 and 2010
- Click on Files.
- Select Info>>Add account.
- Click on the “Manual setup or additional server types.”
- Choose “POP or IMAP,” then click “Next.”
- In the Server Information section, click on the “Account Type” dropdown and select “IMAP.”
- For the User Information section, enter your name and your Yahoo email address.
- In the Server Information section, in the incoming mail server text box, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com. In the Outgoing mail server(SMTP) text box, enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Check the Login Information section if the User name and Password(or app password generated in two-step verification) is correct.
- Select More Settings.
- Press on the Outgoing server tab, choose the My outgoing server requires authentication and choose to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In both IMAP and SMTP, select the Use the following type of connection encrypted connection dropdown and select SSL. In IMAP option enter:993 and SMTP enter 465.
- Select OK and return to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings window.
- Click Next, which tests the account settings entered. Click Close.
- Now the Yahoo Mail account is added to Outlook.
Exporting Yahoo Mail To Outlook Using Professional Tool
Using the steps mentioned above may tricky and time-consuming. Plus, error in any step may result in the whole procedure failing in Yahoo Mail to Outlook transfer. Therefore, we use a Yahoo backup tool for easy export.
Use the following steps for a secure Yahoo to Outlook transfer:
- Start the Aryson Yahoo Backup Tool and enter the login credentials of the Yahoo profile.
- Select Outlook from the select email format and click on the Next button.
- Choose the folders for the migration and provide the date range.
- Select the naming convention from Subject, Date + Subject, From + Subject, and Autoincrement.Check the “delete after download”(to delete data from the Yahoo mailbox after the whole process.) Hit the Next button and check on Yes if you want to delete emails after export.
- Enter the Outlook login details and click on the Login button.
- The exporting process starts, wait for its completion.
- After the saving process is complete, click on the OK button to finish.
Benefits of using Yahoo Backup Tool
Using the Backup software has other added features such as:
- Creating Backup.
- Conversion of Emails to other formats (PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, HTML, MHT, TXT)too.
- Provide support for all major versions of Windows and Mac.
- Saves the Yahoo email to Thunderbird.
- Easy to use GUI.
After going through this article now, it must be clear to you about all the available methods to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
We’ve discussed how to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook(2019, 2016,2013,2010, and Office 365) manually and also the available automated solution of Yahoo Backup Tool.Now you can choose the best option accordingly.