Facing Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b ? Here is a fix for this issue.
Microsoft Outlook is the go-to Email communication client for individuals and businesses for many years. Despite many advancements, there might be some errors which might create a conflict with the smooth functioning of the Outlook.
One such error is 0x800ccc0b which is an SMTP error. This error prevents the users to send messages via Outlook.
Here is why this error occurs.
What causes 0x800ccc0b?
Besides incorrect SMTP server details, there are other reasons which cause this error such as:
- ISP was experiencing DNS issues.
- Access port 25 blocked by ISP.
- Viruses attack in system files.
- Improperly installed outlook application.
- Incorrectly configured Email client.
- The ISP blocks access to port 25.
After knowing the cause of the outlook error here are some fixes, you can try.
How to Manually Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b
You can try these manual techniques to fix this error.
At first, restart your system and Check MS Outlook is setup in SMTP. If not, follow these steps:
- Go-to File >> Account Settings.
- Now click on Email Menu >> Email address(on which error is occurring.)
- Select the More Settings option.
- After that, Outgoing Server >> My Outgoing Server(SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Change port number 25 to 26.(Now IPs are blocking port number 25 to prevent spamming)
- At last, temporarily turn off all virus and firewall software.
Alternate Manual Solution To Fix Error 0x800ccc0b
If after applying the above method, the error still pops-up, try this approach.
- Go-to Start button >> Right Click >> Run >> sfc/scannow? >> Enter.
- Again, click on Start >> Right Click >> Run >> cleanmgr.exe >>Enter.
- Now go-to Mail >> Show Profile >> Properties >> Data Files >> File Name >> Start.
- Synchronize time and date of the system with the server.
After doing these steps if the error persists, we perform a PST Repair.
Automatically Fix Outlook Error using PST Repair
If none of the above techniques works, it implies that the PST File is corrupt and requires a repair.
These are the steps:
- Start the software. Click Open and select the corrupt PST for repair.
- Choose recovery mode from Select recovery mode dropdown and click on OK.
- After the scanning process completes click, OK.
- Select the folders you want to recover and click on save button.
- Tap on browse to define the location for the new PST. Choose OK to start the saving process.
Just like Outlook Error 0x800ccc92, these steps resolve the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b automatically.
You can also use the PST repair tool for repairing the corrupt, encrypted and inaccessible files.The tool also offers options to save the files with attachments.
In this article, we learnt how to fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b using inhouse fixes and when they don’t work using the Outlook PST Repair Tool.
Using the repair tool is quite simple and easy. Anyone can use it to repair PST files. It is compatible with all Outlook and Windows versions.