Outlook Error 0x800ccc92 is an error which abrupts the usual working of Microsoft Outlook. Similar to Outlook Error 0x8004210a it limits the functionality to send and receive Emails on the Outlook Email address. This error is the same as 0x800ccc90 and 0x800ccc91.
The Error message displays: “Receiving reported error (0x800ccc92): Your email server rejected your login.”
Besides hindering the Send/Receive cycle, this error if not fixed, also results in inaccessible data and Outlook freezing.
What Causes Outlook Error 0x800ccc92?
Few common instances which result in this error are:
- Wrong Username or Password Entry.
- Corruption in PST File.
- PST file exceeding its size limit.
- Virus or Malware presence.
- There is a synchronization issue of the Server and the Outlook.
These are some reasons which result in the error.
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc92?
To resolve this error, we can try the manual solutions, and if those don’t work, we move on to third party PST Repair software.
- After entering an incorrect password, you might face the error 0x800ccc92. A simple fix is to check if the credentials are correct.
- Check the Web Server Settings like POP, SMTP, IMAP are correct. After that, add your account again.
- A large PST can also be the cause of this error. If your PST exceeds the recommended capacity, consider splitting it into smaller sizes.
- Clean Up Deleted Items Folder.
- Use the inbox repair tool Scanpst.exe to fix this error.
There are some inhouse methods to fix Outlook 0x800ccc92 error. There might be a rare chance these methods don’t work.
In case of severe corruption, you might have to use a PST Repair software.
Fix Error 0x800ccc92 Automatically
The above methods may be time-consuming or fail to work. In that case, perform a PST Repair. If you don’t possess technical knowledge and want a secure and fast solution, follow these steps:
- Run the PST Repair software, select the Open button and choose the corrupt PST File.
- Select the Recovery mode and other options. Click OK to proceed.
- Tap OK after the scanning process is over.
- Select the folders you want to recover and select Save.
- Search for the location of the new PST file.
- Specify other options and click OK to start the saving process.
Other than just fixing the Outlook 0x800ccc92 error you can also Repair corrupt files and restore its mailbox items.
In this article, we discussed error 0x800ccc92. Why does it occur and it’s common manual fixes. We saw How to fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc92 using Outlook PST Repair software.
With this software, you can also recover Email attachments. It is compatible with MS Outlook 2016, 2013 and lower versions. Anyone can use it with its simple GUI.