In this blog, we are going to discuss all the possible ways to import OLM file to Office 365. As we all know, Outlook is an ultimate mail service that is used for sending and receiving mails. Outlook has versions designed for both Windows and MAC. The user feels the need to migrate OLM files to Office 365 when he/she wishes to move the MAC Outlook files to a windows platform. To perform such exportation Mac Outlook needs to migrate to O365 via PST file format.
Let’s take a look at the reasons behind moving OLM to another mail client.
Reasons to Migrate OLM to Office 365:
- O365 is a web- application.
- It is portable enough that it can be used from any part of the world.
- It stores all the data on online vault so, there are fewer chances of data being lost.
- MAC Outlook platform is less secured than the O365 portal.
Move OLM File to Office 365 Manually:
Follow the below-mentioned procedure to import OLM file to Office 365.
- Go to your Gmail account profile and redirect to the Account Settings.
- In the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab, permit the IMAP option and hit the Save Changes button.
- Now, go to your Mac Outlook profile and redirect to the Tools tab, then hit the Accounts option.
- Next, a pop-up will display on your screen, press the “+” button in the lower-left corner of the pop-up to synchronize your Gmail profile with Mac Outlook.
- Type in the following details for your IMAP account such as username, password, Outgoing server, Incoming server, etc. Then, press the Add Account tab.
- For Gmail:
Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
- Next, Sign in to your Gmail profile and press the gear button in the top left corner. Next, in the settings drop-down list, choose labels.
- Generate a new label by hitting the Create new label button.
- After the label is generated, go to the Mac Outlook account and upgrade the IMAP mailbox by pressing the Send/Receive button.
- After a successful updating process, start synchronizing the OLM file with the IMAP email account. Then, export all the data from the OLM file to the IMAP email account.
Challenges user can face while using the Manual Approach
- An individual user can only export OLM to O365 utilizing this method.
- There is a per cent chance that data might get lost during the exportation process.
- The approach lengthy steps make it indeed tedious and time taking.
To overcome the challenges of the above standard approach, one can try an expert solution. One such expertise is OLM Converter. To migrate the OLM files Office 365, one can simply use the utility feature export OLM files to the O365 email client. Apart from this, the utility comprises more advanced features as well.
- Saves OLM to MBOX, MSG, EML, and PST file format.
- Migrates the OLM file to various mail clients such as Yahoo, Gmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, etc
- It allows previewing resultant Outlook PST files.
- The utility is compatible with major renditions of MS Outlook, etc.
- Promises to recover inaccessible OLM files generated by all MAC Outlook versions including 2016.
- There is no such file size limitation specified for exporting the OLM files.
- The software allows splitting the resultant large PST file for convenience.
- Auto-detects OLM files from your local machine.
In the above blog, we have observed that the manual approach indicates some extensive limitations on use. To import OLM file to Office 365, we would clearly advise an individual to choose a third-party solution for a better and precise outcome. We hope that you find this blogpost profound.