Yahoo Mail is one of the most prominent email-clients which is used by a big audience. People tend to sync it with the Mac Mail for their convenience so that they can access both email clients from a single place. Whenever the Yahoo Mail is not working with Mac Mail issue arises due to technical issues, the syncing between these email clients get interrupted and we as a user face inconvenience.
Most of the time the issues with the Yahoo! mail arises due to technical failures or invalid settings. So, by fixing these settings and configuration, you can easily resolve the apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding error. Let’s get deeper into this error and try out the further solutions which can help us to fix it.
- Login to Yahoo Mail Separately
You should try to check first whether the email client is working perfectly or not. For doing this follow the below steps:
- Open your Web Browser and login to your Yahoo profile.
- Compose an email and send it to your own email id.
- Check whether you have received it on synced Mac Mail within 5 minutes or not.
- If you got the mail in-time then Yahoo mail working fine otherwise there is some issue with your Yahoo Mail profile.
- Re-connect Your Yahoo Account to Mac Mail
By doing this there is a big probability that the error will get removed. Follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Run Mac Mail app on your system.
- Now, click on the Mail tab from the top menu.
- Choose the Preferences option from the various other options.
- Select the Yahoo Email Account from the Slidebar which you want to remove.
- Click on the Dash (-) from the bottom.
- Press the Ok button as the confirmation of account deletion.
- After the deletion of the profile reconnect the same Yahoo Mail into your Mac Mail.
- Disable Firewall And All The Security Measures
Sometimes the applications which we install or activate to protect our system conflicts with the working of the Mac Mail and Yahoo Mail and as a result, it creates a syncing issue between these mail clients. Follow the further method to disable the security measures and Firewall:
- Open the Antivirus and Disable all kinds of restrictions and firewalls.
- Re-connect Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail.
- If Yahoo mail starts working back, then the Antivirus is the cause.
You may also read: How to fix not a valid Win32 application error
- Perform a System Update
It is often seen that outdated software or OS creates issues more than an updated program. So by performing a manual update, the issue could be resolved. Try to put your system on Auto-update, so that if a new version of the software or system file comes. The system can automatically update that.
- Look For The Yahoo! Mail Account Configuration
- Look for Spam folder that is there any important mail marked as Spam.
- If an email sender is blocked by mistake unblock him.
- Keep Reply to Address blank.
- Remove unnecessary Email FIlter that might be moved an important email to the wrong folder.
- Look For Enabled Auto-Forwarding
It prevents the Yahoo Mail account to download the Yahoo emails automatically on the Mac Mail.
- Launch Yahoo Mail and click on the Setting Tab.
- From the left side of the navigation pane Select Mail option.
- Now, open Auto-Forwarding Setting.
- Here, you can customize the settings as per your choice.
- Check the Server Configurations
- POP3 incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995, requires SSL)
- IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993, requires SSL)
- SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465 or 587, requires SSL)
- NEWS server: news.yahoo.com
- Relaunch the Mac Mail Application
It is often seen that relaunching the Mac Mail application, sometimes resolve this issue. The reason behind this is that it closes all the background processes going on. As a result, the Yahoo Mail not working on Mac issue gets resolved.
- Look For The Network Connection
A broken network can also create hurdles in the working of the Yahoo Mail. So it is necessary to look for the network connection you are working with.
- Take Backup and Reset Your Mail Account
This can help in the worst-case scenario. You can take a backup of Mailbox using the Yahoo Backup utility and then format & reset your mail profile. After that, import the backup to the mail profile and reconnect the Yahoo Mail with Mac Mail. This helps most of the time and the problem gets resolved.
As there could be numerous reasons for this error but there are also resolutions available for these issues. I’ll say go for each of the solutions Yahoo Mail is not Working with Mac Mail and try out each method I’ve suggested because sometimes it becomes tough to identify the reason. If nothing works out then try the Yahoo Mail Backup tool which can help you out in the worst case. I hope you found this article helpful and it will resolve issues related to Yahoo not working with Mac Mail.