Summary: If you are facing difficulty while working with Microsoft Outlook, it needs to be fixed immediately. Sometimes Outlook rule not working error displays on the display of an individual. In that case, users are looking for an instant way to fix it. In this post, we will provide the best possible solution to fix the error using the Aryson PST Repair Tool.
Microsoft Outlook is a widely used desktop-based email client all across the globe for sending and receiving messages. It manages and stores all the mailbox items such as journals, events, calendars, contacts, and many more. MS Outlook provides various advanced features that help the users to perform email tasks in a better way.
Sometimes, there are different queries of the users like; why are my outlook rules not running automatically? Or the outlook rules not working after migration to office 365. Read this article carefully to know all the causes and the possible ways to fix the Outlook rules not running automatically error.
Common Causes of Outlook Rule Not Working
There are several instances where users are facing Outlook 365 rules not working error. Some common causes of the error are mentioned below:
- When the rule option is not enabled.
- POP4 or IMAP account gets corrupted.
- If the send/receive setting file is corrupt on your device.
- Rules exceeded the limit for your mailbox.
- If the rules apply to the various system.
These are some of the common causes that insist the user organize their rules in error Outlook. Now, let’s move further to know- how to change rule in Outlook.
What to do if your Outlook Rule Not Working?
If you want to fix Outlook rules not working error on windows 10, we will provide you the step-by-step procedure to fix this error. Follow the steps below of different ways to remove the Outlook rules not working error.
Method 1: Enable Rules for your Outlook Account
- Launch the desktop-based Outlook application on your system.
- Navigate the File tab and click on Manage Rules & Alert in the info menu.
- Here the Rules & Alert dialog box will appear on the screen, Tick the checkbox for the accounts and click on the Ok button to enable the rule.
Now, the rules are enabled for your Outlook account. If this method doesn’t help you in removing Windows 10 Outlook problems, you can try another method.
Method 2: Delete & Remake New Rules
- Press Windows + R button on your keyboard.
- Now Enter outlook.exe /cleanrules and Press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter button on your keyboard.
- Here Outlook is open with all the deleted rules to remake them and create new rules.
If this method doesn’t help you in fixing the error, you can use the below method.
Method 3: Disable Stop Processing More Rules Option
- Open the desktop-based Outlook account on your system.
- Navigate the File tab and click on Manage Rules & Alert.
- In the rules & alert dialog box, Select the Rules and Tap on the Change option.
- Tap on the Edit rules settings option under the Change rules tab.
- Now, in the rules wizard, Tick the Rule condition and Press the Next button.
- Then, Disable the Stop processing rules in the Rule action and hit the Next button.
- After this, Select the Exception if necessary and click the Next button.
- Hit the Finish button to end the process.
- At last, Tap on the Apply button to disable the Stop processing rule.
This method helps the user to disable the stop processing rule option.
Method 4: Change Emails Download Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook email client on your system.
- Move to the File tab and tap on the Account settings under the Account setting icon.
- In the account settings wizard, Press the Change option under the Email tab.
- Now, under the Offline Settings, Drag the slider till All and Press the Next button.
- Here your account is successfully updated. Tap on the Done button to end the process.
Method 5: Update Outlook to the Latest Version
- Open the Microsoft Outlook desktop-based application on your device.
- Locate the File tab and click on the Office account option.
- Tap on the Update now option under the Update options.
Here your Microsoft Outlook update process starts. After completing the process, again open the Outlook application to check if the Outlook rule not working error is remove or not.
Method 6: Delete the OST File to Repair Outlook Data
- Run the Control panel on your system.
- Now, click on the Mail (Microsoft Outlook) (32-bit) tab.
- Then, tap on the Email account button in the email tab.
- In the data files tab, select the Email account causing issues and Tap the Open file location option.
- Choose the Outlook data file and right-click on it to delete the file from the context menu.
Here your OST file is successfully deleted to repair Outlook data file. Now, again launch the Outlook application and check if the Outlook rule not working error is removed or not.
Method 7: Remake a New Outlook Profile
- Press the Windows + R key on your system to launch the Run utility.
- Enter Control and Press the Ok button to launch the control panel on your Windows.
- Open the Mail (Microsoft Outlook) (32-bit) tab on the control panel.
- In the mail setup Outlook wizard Click on the Show profiles button.
- Tap on the Add button to create a new profile.
- After that enter the New Profile name in the profile box and Press the Ok button.
- In the next wizard, enter your Name, Email address, and Password below the Email account.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types and tap the Next button.
- Select Office 365 and type your Outlook Id and click on the Next button.
- Now, type your Password and hit the Finish button.
If none of the above methods works, then there is a problem with your PST file. It may be corrupt or damage that is why users are looking for Outlook rule not working error. In such cases, users need to fix their damaged or corrupted PST files using the professional method. Let’s proceed further to know to repair damage or corrupt PST files.
Professional Method for Windows 10 Outlook Problems
Aryson Outlook PST repair is the most efficient utility that recovers deleted and corrupt emails. It allows the user to save data in multiple output formats. This is an ideal recovery solution for all kinds of PST files created by different Outlook versions. However, these PST files consist of data such as email, calendar, contact, etc. that are prone to corruption.
Steps to Recover Damaged or Corrupted PST files
- Download and Run Aryson PST Repair Software.
- Select the PST file you want to recover and Choose the Scanning mode.
- Tick the Mailbox item from the tree structure and Preview the Emails.
- Now, click on the Save button to save the recovered emails.
- Then, Select the folder Path to save the files.
- After that, Choose the other features as per your requirement and Press the Ok button.
- Finally, the process to recover emails in the PST files is completed.
Key Features of PST Repair Tool
- The software restores all mailbox items such as Emails, Contacts, Calendars, etc., from corrupt Outlook PST files.
- It is capable of recovering email attachments and embedded attachments.
- Users can recover large size PST files by using this software.
- The tool supports the recovery of encrypted and password-protected PST files.
In the above post, we have described the causes of the Outlook rule not working errors, and the possible ways to fix them. However, the standard process is lengthy and suitable if there is a problem with the Outlook application. But in some cases, due to the corruption and damaged PST file, users are facing this problem. So we recommend users switch to an advanced technique that repairs corrupt and damaged Outlook PST files. Therefore, this method is an ideal solution to recover all types of problems in the PST file.