The article defines the process of how one can merge outlook files into one file. Basically, I have discussed the manual methods related to how to merge Outlook PST files 2010 and merge PST files outlook 2013. Apart from that, you will also find the need to merge the PST file.
Regardless of the notable firm all around the world, Microsoft has the products which are doing extremely well. But the exception is there in every story and so for MS Outlook. In brief, this popular email client is not an exception related to errors and has limitations of its own. So here, I will discuss one of the mundane occurred issues i.e, merging of Outlook PST into a single file. If you want to do the reverse, you can read this blog on Split PST Files in Outlook.
What is the Need to Merge PST files?
If you are using Outlook then you must be familiar with the term PST. As PST file stores all types of data in it. It has some drawbacks of its own i,e. size limit. Due to this, there is a requirement to Merge Outlook files into one. Now we will read some more reasons to Merge multiple PST files into one:
- When users want to combine numerous old accounts.
- For better management and accessibility, users combine office and personal accounts.
- Take a backup of your Outlook Accounts.
- Protect your data from loss and corruption.
- When you have multiple inboxes, it creates a lot of confusion. So to make the task simple, we need to merge Outlook PST files 2010.
How to Combine Outlook PST Files Manually?
There are ways that need to be followed in order to achieve a goal. In this post, I have provided the tested methods which you can apply and can see the result instantly. You can follow the provided steps accordingly. In this manual process, we have to complete two stages to merge outlook files into one:
1. Blank PST File Creation
2. Merge Multiple PST Files into One Blank PST File
Stage 1: Blank PST File Creation
Firstly, you need to create a PST file in Outlook and can follow up on the steps which help in merging of PST file.
- Open MS Outlook -> Click on new items -> More Items -> Outlook data file.
- Now choose the location for the new blank PST and provided the new name for the file.
- Hit on the OK button.
Stage 2: Merge Multiple PST Files into One Blank PST File
After which you are required to merge all the PST files into the above PST file created. The steps here will show how to merge Outlook files into one file.
- Now click on File->open-> Import options in MS Outlook.
- An import-export dialog box will appear and from there choose the option Import from another file.
- Select the Next button to reach another step.
- A wizard Import a file will appear in which you need to select the Outlook data file(.PST) option.
- On the same page click on NEXT.
- Furthermore, look for the browse tab and provide the location.
- Click on the Do not import duplicates box.
- Now click and check the Include the subfolders and Import Items into the same folder.
- Now select the Finish button.
Note: These above steps will help you to import a single PST file to a folder. You have to repeat the steps in order to completely import other PST files. Once you imported the files in a single manner. Then you can completely import the data into a single resultant PST file.
Limitations of Manual Techniques
Though the above solution or method is quite simple and convenient for use. But it requires a persistent effort to perform each and single import of a PST file. Consequently, it will give you results but patiently you need to wait. You might face some errors which will pop up as you click on the wrong checkboxes.
Note: If such a situation appears again you need to start the process from the start.
Professional Method to Merge Outlook PST files 2010
If in any case, the above method fails to Merge Outlook Files Into One, you can check here. If you want to reduce the risk of data loss then do check out this method. In order to use this, you need to follow the following steps.
- With this tool, you can easily and efficiently merge the smaller PST files into larger PST file as per new versions of MS Outlook.
- In addition, it includes all the tasks, calendars, and journals, which are in the PST file.
- The direct access of the PST file makes it different from other random software.
- Moreover, it helps to merge and join operations of ANSI and Unicode PST files.
- In particular, the software is fully compatible with all the versions of MS Outlook.
- The software maintains the integrity of original outlook PST files while performing merge Outlook PST files.
With this amazing set of features, you can easily merge Outlook files into one file. However, the PST merge tool will surely reduce the risk factors and increase efficiency as well.
Hence, both approaches are valid enough in order to merge PST files. But I will suggest you try a reliable plus convenient method which is software PST merger. So you can very well understand what actually the software does and accordingly handle the situation.