The article defines the process of how one can merge outlook files into one file. Basically, I have discussed the manual methods related how to merge Outlook PST files 2010 and merge PST files outlook 2013. Apart from that you will also find the need to merge the PST file.
Regardless of the notable firm all around the world, Microsoft has the products which are doing extremely well. But the exception is there in every story and so for MS Outlook. In brief, this popular email client is not an exception related to errors and has limitations of its own. So in here, I will discuss one of the mundane occurred issue i.e, merging of Outlook PST into a single file.
What is the need to merge PST files?
If you are using Outlook then you must be familiar with the PST term. As PST file store all form of data in it. Hence, has a drawback of its own i,e. size limit. Due to which there comes another term which says merging of PST. As the size of PST files are limited so we require merging process. In this process, smaller PST files will merge and resultant into large PST.
- Primarily in older versions of Outlook, the PST storage was different as that of now. Further, in the prior versions, the Outlook was bound with the size limit of PST file.
- Evidently, the upcoming versions or later editions have overcome the size-related issues.
- Specifically, when the size of the files was limited with a certain size and do not exceed the limit. Till then the PST file was working fine, as soon as the file size overreach its restrained point it starts confronting the corruption problems.
- Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010 is the latest version which prevailed over the problem of smaller PST files.
- Likewise, there is a requirement of merging those smaller PST files into large PST as per the new versions of MS Outlook.
- Coming with the new version the extra time in opening each PST file will take extra time in opening the single files.
You may also read: Best OST to PST converter
How to merge Outlook PST files 2010?
There are ways which need to be followed in order to achieve a goal. In this post, I have provided the tested methods which you can apply and can see the result instantly. You can follow the provided steps accordingly.
Blank PST Creation:
Firstly, you need to create a PST file in the Outlook and can follow up the steps which help in merging of PST file.
- Open MS Outlook -> Click on new items -> More Items -> Outlook data file.
- Now choose the location for the new blank PST and provided the new name for the file.
- Hit on OK button.
Merging process of all PST file into new blank PST:
After which you are required to merge all the PST files into the above PST file created. The steps here will show how to merge Outlook files into one file.
- Now click on File->open-> Import options in MS Outlook.
- An import-export dialog box will appear and from there choose the option Import from another file.
- Select the Next button to reach another step.
- A wizard Import a file will appear in which you need to select Outlook data file(.PST) option.
- On the same page click on NEXT.
- Furthermore, look for the browse tab and provide the location.
- Click on Do not import duplicates box.
- Now click and check the Include the subfolders and Import Items into the same folder.
- Now select the Finish button.
Note: These above steps will help you to import a single PST file to a folder. You have to repeat the steps in order to completely import other PST files. Once you imported the files in a single manner. Then you can completely import the data into a single resultant PST file.
Merge Outlook PST files 2010 into single Outlook file
Though the above solution or method is quite simple and convenient for use. But it requires a persistent effort to perform each and single import of a PST file. Consequently, it will give you result but patiently you need to wait. You might face some errors which will pop up as you click on the wrong checkboxes.
Note: If such situation appears again you need to start the process from the start.
Direct Method: Outlook PST merge tool
If in any case above method fails then you may look up here. If you want to reduce the risk of data loss then do check out this method. In order to use this, you need to follow the following steps.
- With this tool, you can easily and efficiently merge the smaller PST files into larger PST file as per new versions of MS Outlook.
- In addition, it includes all the tasks, calendars, journals, which are in the PST file.
- The direct access of the PST file makes it different from other random software.
- Moreover, it supports to merge and join operations of ANSI and Unicode PST files.
- In particular, the software is fully compatible with all the versions of MS Outlook.
- Thus, merge Outlook pst file software continue the integrity of original outlook PST files.
With this amazing set of features, you can easily merge Outlook files into one file. However, PST merge tool will surely reduce the risk factors and increase efficiency as well.
Hence, both approaches are valid enough in order to merge PST files. But I will suggest you to try a reliable plus convenient method which is software PST merger. So you can very well understand what actually the software do and accordingly handle the situation.