Summary:- In this article, I am going to share some information related to adding PST file to Outlook. Let us know how you can import or add the selected PST file into various versions of Outlook. You can try the most relevant solutions provided here.
If I talk about Microsoft Outlook, then it is an email client which is used for the management of the various tasks included like contacts, attachments, entries, and messages. PST file is the acronym for Personal Storage Folder. It is located on the user’s PC, and one can easily take the backup of this folder as it is used in the client-side.
Our primary concern is adding PST file to Outlook 2003, 2010, 2016, 2013, and other higher versions. Check out the methods which will help import PST file to Outlook and check Outlook PST file location in Windows 10 and different versions as well.
OST and PST Files in Microsoft Outlook
As we all know, Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client in the corporate sector or even in the business world. In MS Outlook, there are two types of files first is OST(Offline Storage File) and the second is PST(Personal Storage file). The purpose of OST is to maintain the data in the offline folder and then synchronize it when the connectivity is established.
Simply as the name suggests, the work of the OST folder is to manage the data in the server and can be used when required. OST is a duplicate version of the data which you have saved in the Exchange server. It manages the folder along with the calendar, tasks, notes, contacts, and to-do lists. On the other hand, PST is the file that is located on the user’s side. You can take the backup of the data when required. One can import emails, attachments, calendars, messages, and notes instantly. With the help of a PST file, one can easily create personal archives to restore the PST data. If you are looking for ways to convert OST to PST File, check here.
Method 1: Add PST file in Outlook 2010, 2003, 2007, 2016
For adding PST file to Outlook, check out the methods which have been shown here. The methods are quite short and easy to understand. I have displayed the steps in an easy manner.
- Install Microsoft Outlook in the system and run it.
- When you launch the software, go to the file in the menu options.
- Now select Open & Export -> Open Outlook data file.
- Select the PST file which you want to add and then click on the OK button.
- In a short duration of time selected PST data will get imported in your system.
Method 2: Import PST file to Outlook via Import and Export
Now if you are looking for the method for adding PST file to Outlook 2007 and 2010, then check the below steps that you will like to follow.
- First, click on the File option in the menu above.
- Now select Import & Export option -> Import/export options.
- In Import/Export option you required to click on import from another program or file and click to the OK button.
- In the next wizard, select Outlook data file -> Next.
- Click on Browse-> choose PST file from the system -> Now click on Next button.
- Select desired PST file and click on the checkbox depicting Include sub-folders. After this select the Next button.
With the above steps, you can add the PST file in the various Outlook versions. But, in the below steps, you will find how to import PST file in Outlook 2007.
Method 3: Adding PST file to Outlook 2007
In this, I am going to display the steps which will help you in importing PST file. Check out the steps dispensed below.
- Open the Outlook application then select Import & export option.
- Now you can apply the same above steps from step 1 to step 6 without stopping. With this, you can easily import the Outlook PST in lesser time.
Now you have the techniques for adding PST file to outlook and some users do the same for taking the backup of data. Similarly, others might have another reason for sure. With this, you will be aware of how to import PST file to Outlook 2013 and other versions as well. Therefore, in any case when you need to use the add PST to Outlook tool then you can always follow this recommendation. Also, this will save your precious time and give the maximum and desired output you are looking.
You can also check the video for getting the solution:-