Were you looking for the approaches to import MSG files into Outlook? Well, you are not alone; many users want to use that one approach. The given method can help them in importing the MSG files and also maintain the original data. But don’t worry; this blog will help you and provide some unique techniques to transfer MSG to Hotmail.
But first, let’s know about the term MSG stands for?
The term MSG is a mail message file format that is used by MS Outlook and Exchange. MSG file format includes single message information. It mainly consists of the date, sender’s or recipient’s information, subject, and message body comprising formatting and hyperlinks. It primarily stores all the email data of Outlook such as contacts, notes, attachments, etc.
Microsoft Outlook uses a PST file format to store Outlook data for POP3, IMAP, and web-based email accounts. The outlook is a popular email client, which is mainly used for sending and receiving emails. Here, you can see that Outlook uses different file formats i.e., MSG and PST. This means that one cannot directly share their MSG files into Outlook. Thus, it is difficult for users to convert MSG files into Outlook.
These situations influence the user to find different tips and tricks that can efficiently perform the whole process. To fix this issue, let’s start with the manual procedures.
Various Easy to Perform Methods to Import MSG files into Outlook:
Method 1. Copy And Paste
This procedure is simple to use. Users require to follow these below steps to transfer MSG to Hotmail.
- Visit the location where MSG files are saved and make the replica of all files.
- Then, open the Outlook application. Now, paste the replicas/ files in any selected folder of Outlook.
Method 2. Drag and Drop
Users can use this method by using these three steps:
- First, open MS Outlook. Generate a new folder under the Mail section and name it as per your choice to import all messages. Users can shift their MSG files into any available folder (Inbox, Sent Items or, any custom).
- Visit the folder where users have stored all their MSG files. Now, choose all files (by pressing ctrl+a) and drag all selected emails. Then, drop them into the newly created folder (MSG Files).
- At last, Users can view all their messages that are imported successfully. Users can open MSG with Outlook, including the entire content, properties, and attachments, etc.
These were some manual options that users can copy to transfer MSG to Hotmail. Users can try these methods, but they have some limitations too. Let’s know more about them.
Drawbacks of the Manual approach to Import MSG files into Outlook:
Some of the limitations that appear while performing the procedure manually are written below:
- The manual approach takes a lot of time and is intricate.
- The procedure is not applicable to import the bulk of MSG files in Microsoft Outlook.
- The drag-and-drop process is suitable only for an individual MSG file at one time. Thus, it requires a lot of time. Users are advised to use this approach only for small size files.
- This manual approach is applicable only if Outlook is installed on the system. This will cause inconsistency and data loss if emails with similar topics exist.
Now, the users know the merit and demerit of the manual procedure they can use it as per their choice. But if they want a quick conversion method then, try the alternative tool. They can try MSG file Converter to perform quick MSG file conversion. It is a windows-based utility that can run with all versions of Windows OS.
Various tips and tricks to import MSG files into Outlook are explained in this guide. Users can use either manual approaches or alternative solutions. These manual approaches have some limitations and are applicable only for small-sized files or a limited number of files. Thus, it isn’t delightful for many users who want to save time by importing the bulk of files at a time. Thus, to avoid this situation, users can use an alternative tool. The utility also helps you to migrate your MSG files to Yahoo, Gmail, and many other email clients and file formats. This alternative tool performs the whole process in a fast and secure way.