Outlook Error 0x8004010f is a send/receive error that frequently occurs in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010.This error shows up due to the corruption of PST file, Outlook Profile corruption or relocation of the PST file.Read this article to find out how to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010f easily.
Outlook Send/Recieve Error and reasons behind it
0x8004010f Error in Windows 10 prevents the application from sending or receiving email messages. It gives the following Errors:
0X8004010F: Outlook Data File cannot be accessed.
0X8004010F: The Operation failed. An object could not be found.
This is a frequently occurring MAPI error and happens while synchronizing an offline address book at the time of send/receive operation, or while downloading the OAB files.
The main reasons behind this Error can be: PST corruption, misconfiguration of the Outlook profile, and change in the location of the PST file.
After discussing the error and why it happens we now check some manual and automatic solutions Fixing Error 0x8004010f.
How to Fix the Outlook Error Manually
Fixing the Send/Receive Error manually requires 3 steps:
- Locating the PST File.
- Creating a new Outlook Profile.
- Setting up New Profile as the default.
Locating the PST File
- Start the Outlook and go-to File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Now, in Account Settings, enter the Data Files tab and save the name and location of the default profile. (The one with checkmark before it) Close the Account Settings dialog box.
Creating a new Outlook Profile using the Auto Account setup method
- Go-to Control Panel >> Mail. A mail setup Outlook window will open.
- Select the Show Profiles button.
- After that,Click on Add in the mail dialog box.
- Now, in the New, Profile window enter the Profile Name and click on OK.
- At the end, provide your credentials in the Add Account window and click Next to create the account.
Setting the New Outlook Profile as the default
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail.
- Tap on the Show Profiles in the Mail Setup-Outlook.
- In the Mail Window select the newly made profile, and click on Properties.
- Select E-mail Accounts in the Mail Setup Window.
- In the Account Settings window, go-to Data Files and click on Set as Default. Click Close.
- This creates a new Outlook Profile and resolves the Outlook Send Recieve Error.
Resolving Outlook 0x8004010f Error by PST Repair
There may be a chance that even after applying the above-mentioned method the Error persists. This can be due to corruption in the PST File. So, we need to Perform a PST Repair. Follow these steps.
- Start PST Repair Software.
- Click on Open and Choose the PST File.
- Choose any desired scanning option depending upon the level of corruption, select the version of your OS 32bit or 64 bit and click on OK.
- The scanning process will start. Wait till it finishes.
- Click on OK. Pick the mailbox folders to recover, click on the Save button.
- Select Browse to define the location of the new PST file.
- Click OK to start the saving process.
- Press Ok and Exit the app.
This fixes the Outlook 0x8004010f Error permanently. Besides repairing PST this software also offers other features like converting the Data in PST File to other formats like EML, MSG, DBX, and MBOX. If you need to retrieve data from a precise time period only there is a date-range feature available.
In this article, we discussed the Outlook send/receive Error also known as 0x8004010f Error which affects Outlook by not letting Send or Receive Mails. We saw what causes this Error and ways to resolve it by creating a new Outlook Profile and replacing it and by Outlook PST Repair Software.
A PST Repair tool is easy to use and has an interactive GUI. Which makes it a must-have application for all businesses. Any user with little or no technical experience can use this software. It works with all versions of Outlook and Windows OS. You can also use this tool to recover accidentally deleted Emails.