Are you still searching the fast, best and secured method for EML to MBOX conversion? If you weren’t able to find the perfect solution for you, this article will help you. Here, I’ll guide a few fast & secured method to convert EML to MBOX without the help of 3rd party software. But before the actual conversion, we’ll discuss the reason to convert EML to MBOX format.
EML files hold the single message that is supported by Windows Live Mail application. These files contain the ASCII code for header and main message. Also, the main body of EML files includes the attachments and hyperlinks.
MBOX file holds the multiple messages and is a generic term of related file format.
When we move to convert the email format from .eml to .mbox, some of you face issues in conversion. So, before knowing the conversion process, let’s know the need for conversion:
Why does the user want to convert EML to MBOX?
If we talk about a decade before, then there is only email application i.e, Windows Live Mail was the only Email application that was used. But now, Mozilla Thunderbird comes with more good quality of interface hence, gain popularity among other email clients. So, the operator starts moving from Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird.
In the next section, you’ll know about the manual method for EML to MBOX conversion:
Manual Method for EML to MBOX Conversion
There are two manual methods to convert your .eml files to .mbox file format i.e,
- Drag & Drop through Thunderbird
- Import/export EML Tools
Conversion through the Thunderbird Drag & Drop Method
If you want to use the manual approach for conversion of EML to MBOX, then it can be done with the help of Thunderbird. Follow the manual steps to convert EML to MBOX:
- Firstly, Open Mozilla Thunderbird on your device.
- Create a new folder.
- Then, browse the EML files from your local storage device.
- After that, drag & drop EML files to a new folder of Thunderbird.
- Move to email messages section of Thunderbird.
- Finally, extract the MBOX file from the newly created folder.
Conversion through the Import/Export EML Tool
In this method, you have to install the Import/Export tool Add-in, that you can download it from the official website. When you complete the installation process follow the below steps:
- Firstly, start the Mozilla Thunderbird application on the tools tab.
- Move to the Tools menu & select Add-ins option >> install it.
- Soon, Restart the Thunderbird application.
- When application again restarts, click the right mouse button on the inbox folder.
- Then, select the new folder option to make a new folder.
- After this, open the newly created folder and then hit on the menu button.
- From the Tool menu, Add-ins and press on the import messages option.
- Choose EML files that you want to convert to Thunderbird and click on Open.
- Once you did the above steps, you can able to open EML messages into Thunderbird.
Manual methods given above is not the right approach to convert multiple EML files to MBOX simultaneously. These manual methods help you to convert .eml to .mbox cost-free but not a safe option for desired conversion results. Let’s have a look at the drawbacks of using the manual method:
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- It takes a lot of time for conversion.
- Sometimes, it’ll damage the header file of emails.
- Didn’t convert all EML files at once.
- Chances that your files may corrupt.
Fast Method for EML to MBOX Conversion
If you don’t want to stick in these manual methods and then try the EML to MBOX Converters. 3rd party tools provide you with the ease of conversion. EML Converter. This tool is having unique features to help you as it can convert EML files into different file formats promptly. Also, it saves EML files into EMLX, PDF, PST, MBOX MSG, HTML. This software facilitates the conversion of multiple files at a time. It can run on all Windows-based platforms and provides you with the data range feature.
This technical guide will provide you with a fast and secure method for EML to MBOX conversion. Manual method for this conversion is rare. Still, we provide you with both manuals as well as automated methods. Use methods as per your needs. It is always recommended to use professional tools rather than manual methods.
Did your problem solved in this article?