Summary: Any issue in the email client affects the entire flow of work. Many users are facing trouble while opening their Microsoft Outlook account. Are you also the one who is facing the same? Continue scrolling this post and you will find the best ways to fix Microsoft Outlook won’t open errors.
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email client that allows users to send and receive messages and emails. However, sometimes users face a while opening their Outlook account. But if you encounter the issue, again and again, you need to fix it to avoid problems in the future.
Here, In this post, we will show you some simple and advanced techniques to fix the Outlook won’t open issue. But, before the solution let us know the reason or the causes due to which it happens.
What are the Causes of Microsoft Outlook Won’t Open?
Several reasons signify why Outlook won’t load on your device. Some of them are listed below:
- Defective or Outdated Add-ins: Due to defective or outdated add-ins, users face issues in opening their Outlook account.
- Corrupted Outlook Profile: In many cases, Outlook contains corrupted PST files, which users face this issue.
- Internet Connectivity Issues: Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based app, but it requires internet connectivity to run.
- Due to the Damaged PST file: If your Outlook has damaged PST files, it will take more loading than usual.
However, these are reasons due to which users are looking for solutions to fix them. Now, proceed further to know how to fix them.
How to Fix When Microsoft Outlook Won’t Open Manually?
Sometimes, users may encounter this issue that creates hurdles in their workflow. There are multiple solutions to repair this problem. Users can fix this issue manually as well as professionally. Let’s continue with the manual methods.
Method 1: Open Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Add-Ins
To perform this method, you have to open Outlook in safe mode. Then you’re able to disable the add-ins option.
- Press the Windows+R button together on your keyboard.
- Now, type outlook /safe on and hit the ok button.
- In the profile wizard, choose Outlook from the drop-down arrow and tap on the Ok button.
- Now, navigate to the File tab and click on the Options tab.
- In the Outlook options wizard, select Add-ins and press the Go button in front of manage.
- In the next wizard, Disable all the unwanted Add-ins and tap the Ok button.
Now, your add-ins are disabled in Outlook. You can again restart your Outlook app normally. If your Outlook won’t start in safe mode then, continue with the next method.
Method 2: Disable Compatibility Mode
If your Windows is recently upgraded to the latest version, you have to disable the compatibility mode. Follow the steps carefully.
- Right-click on the desktop-based Outlook app on your device and choose Properties.
- In the Outlook properties wizard, tap on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, Untick Run this program in compatibility mode for option and click the ok button.
Method 3: Update Outlook and Windows
Sometimes, Outlook won’t open windows 10 due to the outdated versions. In that case, you need to update the Outlook application or install the latest Windows OS updates.
To update Outlook:
- Open the desktop-based Outlook application on your device.
- Navigate the File tab and click on the Office account option on the left side.
- Tap on the Update options near Office updates.
- Click on the Update now option under the update options tab.
Now, the downloading process has started. Wait for a few minutes to wait till the process will complete.
To update Windows:
- Write Windows Update in the Windows search bar and click on the Windows update settings.
- Click on the Update button to update your windows.
You will get notified once the update is complete. If this technique doesn’t work, you can try next.
Method 4: Create a New Profile
In many cases, Outlook won’t load emails due to corruption issues. In that case, creating a new profile is the best way to solve your problem.
- Enter the Control panel in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Type Mail in the search bar of the control panel and open it.
- Click on the show profiles tab to continue the process.
- Now, press the Add button in the Mail Setup Outlook box.
- In the Profile Name dialog box, Enter the name you want to use for the new profile and press the ok button.
- In the next wizard, enter your Name, Email address, and Password below the Email account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and press the Next button.
- Choose Office 365 and enter your Outlook Id and press the Next button.
- Now, type your Password and hit the Finish button.
After this process if your Outlook email won’t open then, try another one to resolve your issue.
Method 5: Repair Outlook Application
If your Outlook application won’t open even after many attempts, you should try to repair it. Follow the below-listed steps to repair your Outlook application.
- Open the Control panel on your windows.
- Click on the Programs tab and press Uninstall a program option.
- Now, right-click on the Microsoft Office application and press the Change option.
- Choose the Online repair option and press the Repair button.
- Again tap the Repair button to start the repairing process of Outlook.
Wait until the process has been completed. After completing the process, again open the Outlook application on your device.
Method 6: Use the /resetnavpane Command
You can also try to execute the resetnavpane command to repair the MS Outlook won’t open error.
- Press the Windows + R button on your keyboard to run the windows.
- Then type outlook.exe /resetnavpane and press the open button.
- Choose Outlook profile in the dialog box and hit the ok button.
Now, the command reset and remove all the customizations related to the navigation pane.
Method 7: Remove Outlook App Data Folder
If the above method is not working, users can try this alternate method to repair their Outlook profile by removing the Outlook app data folder.
- Firstly, close the Microsoft application on your device.
- Then type %localappdata% and press the Ok button.
- Now, the Windows 10 application will open its data folder and search the Microsoft folders.
- Search and Delete the Outlook folder.
After deleting, you can now restart your Outlook application again. This method will help you to fix MS Outlook error messages.
If none of the above methods works, it means that the Outlook data file (.pst) is corrupt. So, to repair the corrupt PST files, users opt for an alternate method.
Repair Corrupt Outlook Data PST Files
Sometimes due to the corrupted files in the Microsoft Outlook profile, users weren’t able to open their Outlook account. In that case, we recommend the users recover their corrupted data and files by using the Aryson Outlook PST Repair tool. It is a reliable software that is capable of repairing the corrupted Outlook PST files data.
Steps to Recover Corrupted Data Files
- Download and Run Aryson Outlook PST Repair Tool on your Windows.
- Now, select the PST file which you want to recover, and choose Scanning mode.
- Preview the emails from the tree structure on the left pane.
- Tap the Save button to save your recovered PST file.
- Choose the saving File format and Additional features as per your requirements and press the ok button.
- Finally, your recovery emails from the PST file process have been completed.
Salient Features of Outlook PST Repair Tool
- The recovered PST files can be saved into PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, and DBX.
- It restores the entire mailbox items such as Email, Contacts, Calendar, etc., from the corrupt Outlook PST file.
- You can recover the PST file up to 80GB in size.
- Users can preview their files before the saving process.
In the above post, we have described different ways to start Microsoft Outlook. However, if none of the above methods works, there is some issue in your PST file. Therefore, we have introduced the professional method to fix Microsoft Outlook won’t open on your windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Outlook not opening on my laptop?
Mostly your Microsoft Outlook doesn’t open on your laptop because of the outdated version of Windows or Outlook. In that case, you can install the latest Windows OS updates or update the Outlook application.
2. What do you do when Outlook won’t open?
If your Microsoft Outlook won’t open then there may be some issue in your Outlook application, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Control panel on your windows.
- Press on the program tab and click on uninstall the program option.
- Right-click on the Microsoft Office app and tap on the change option.
- Select the online repair option and press the repair button.
- Now, again press the repair button to start the process.
Now, wait until the process has been completed and restart your Outlook application.
3. How do I fix Outlook 2010 that won’t open?
If your Outlook 2010 won’t open in Windows 10 on your laptop then you might be able to fix it by running /resetnavpane command. Users can remove all the customization related to the navigation pane that can fix your problem. Follow the steps listed below:
- Press the Windows+R button to run the windows.
- Enter outlook.exe /resetnavpane and tap the open button.
- At last, select the Outlook profile in the pop-up and press the open button.