While switching from one email client onto the next, email conversion turns out to be a prior basic need. Windows Outlook and Outlook for Mac both support the different file formats. In case you’re intending to switch from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook, you are required to convert OLM to PST format. In this post, I’ll tell you the best way how you can convert OLM to PST manually.
Microsoft has done an amazing job by creating the Windows Outlook and Outlook for Mac. Both are just as remarkable as email clients. Along with this, they are popular as well.
As such, there is not a high difference in both email client features. Yet with one primary difference saying Windows Outlook uses PST files to store mailboxes and Outlook for Mac uses OLM format to store the mailboxes for the connectivity.
Later in this article, I’ll show the right way how to convert OLM to PST. So let’s just dive in!
How to convert OLM to PST manually?
If you want to convert Outlook OLM file to PST then here are the simple and easy steps provided here.
- Firstly you should create a simple IMAP account.
- Secondly, configure the Outlook for Mac with IMAP account.
- Then you need to export the Mac emails with IMAP account which you created earlier.
- Simply now configure the Windows Outlook with Imap account.
Create an IMAP Account
- You need to create an account which is IMAP enabled.
- With this account configure the Mac outlook.
- In this step export, the outlook emails to the IMAP account.
- In addition, you are required to configure the Outlook account of Windows with the same IMAP account.
Configure MAC to Import OLM to Outlook
- Run Outlook for Mac in the Mac system.
- Search for tool tab option.
- After searching for select the Accounts option.
- Likewise, select email section where you are required to fill the email id, password and the left details.
- Now select the server called an IMAP server.
- Choose the SSL connection.
- Then choose SMTP server and furthermore, provided the port number like 465 and then click the add account button. From the above steps you will easily be able to convert Mac Outlook To Windows Outlook.
Export Mac Emails to Imap account
- Open Outlook for Mac and choose the items which you want to move.
- Now click on the options move and then copy to folder.
- Search the name of the IMAP folder and select the copy option.
- Click on send/receive option and update it by clicking on the button.
- With this updation, all the OLM emails or files will be moved in the IMAP account.
Configure Windows Outlook account with the IMAP account
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select the mail option and then email accounts.
- Accordingly, click on new.
- Select Manually configure server settings.
- Then click Next.
- Now go in settings and select IMAP/POP.
- Further, click on Next.
- In this step, you are required to provide the login details of the IMAP account which you have created earlier.
- Select More settings options.
- Now click on the advanced tab button.
- Choose SSL connection along with IMAP server and provide port number also like 993.
- Now here provide port number 465 of SMTP server.
- Now select the SSL connection.
- Click on the OK button
- Finally, select the finish button.
So in this above email conversion a user can convert OLM to PST manually in the easiest and best manner. Therefore you need to follow the steps and if somewhere it does not give the desired output. Then check out the another method which is a professional method which will surely help you in giving the maximum output.
Convert OLM to PST Automatically
If for some reason the above method fails then there is no need to get disappointed. I have dispensed the direct method which will help you in coversion of Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook format in a secured manner. Thus, it is an efficient OLM to PST converter for your Outlook Mac files for the better conversion.
The above-dispensed methods will surely help you in exporting the data with ease. However, one should choose the method which is suitable for you in terms of data loss. So choose wisely!!