MSG file is a type of file format that is used in MS Outlook and Exchange, stores the message information containing various attributes such as sender, recipient, date, and so on. In order to access and read the MSG files in MS Outlook, users are required to export these MSG emails to the MS Outlook email application. However, some of the users face problems when there are many MSG emails to be exported into Outlook. If you are one of those who want to convert MSG to PST files. Then, this article is for you, it will discuss all the perfect methods to move MSG to PST. So, let’s get started with the methods to import MSG in PST files.
First, let’s know some common reasons due to which users prefer to move MSG files into PST formats.
Why are Users Willing to Migrate MSG to PST files?
- Sometimes, in the case of an oversized MSG file, there are more chances of MSG data file corruption. Thus, it is better to import the MSG to PST files
- When there are multiple Outlook emails present, it is the best thing to save the required MSG emails as PST for the quick data accessibility
- Switching the MSG files to PST will allow users to secure the files from any kind of data loss problem.
Now, let’s initiate some manual procedures to know how these MSG files can be converted into PST files.
How Can a User Convert MSG to PST File Format?
The manual method consists of 2 methods for the conversion of the MSG files to PST. The methods are given below:
Dragging and Dropping Method
- Firstly, launch the MS Outlook and create a new folder in the inbox
- Secondly, rename of the new folder and then, drag all the MSG files, that are saved in the local drive of that folder which was newly created in MS Outlook to migrate the MSG to PST files
- Now, after the importing of all MSG files, users can easily open and read all the MSG emails with the MS Outlook application.
- By doing this, users can simply open the MSG emails with all the attachments.
Copy and Paste
It is the simplest method. All you have to do that follow the steps:
- Firstly, go to the location where the MSG files are saved and copy them
- Then, open the MS Outlook and paste the copied MSg file into the desired Outlook folder
Although this manual method is a free solution to migrate MSG to PST. However, it has some drawbacks, which are given below:
Limitations or Drawbacks of Manual Way:
- This process is only executed when there are a limited number of MSG emails, that are to be migrated to Outlook application
- In the case of many MSG files, users need enough amount of time to manually export every single file
- MSG file to PST is no doubt a time-consuming task, this method is only executed when MS Outlook is already installed on the computer/system, in order to import MSG to PST.
- This procedure may lead to data loss problem when there are emails with the same subject
As you can see there are many limitations and drawbacks of the manual methods. To avoid these type of issue there also an automated method of importing the MSG files to PST
The automated method consists of using professional software. Such utility is Aryson MSG Converter which allows you to convert the MSG files to PST. By using this tool there is no chance of data loss as you face in the manual method. It comes with the great features that a non-tech user can also use this.
In this blog, we have clearly discussed different methods to convert MSG to PST file format. Users can use the manual approach to export the MSG files in Outlook application or can go for the automated approach to save time as the manual method consumes time. Using the above explained automated method, a user doesn’t need any type of technical knowledge. However, with regard to the drawbacks and limitations associated with the manual approach, availing that automated solution is always the smart choice.