How to Convert MBOX to PST ? Learn the available manual method and automatic third-party solution in this post.
The MBOX file format is relatively standard and used in more than 20 Web-based Email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, MozillaMail and more. On the other hand, only Outlook uses PST.
Many users prefer Outlook due to its exceptional features like:Anti Spam, password protection, Inbuilt Callendar, multiple language support and more.
Therefore, one might consider switching. Here are some available methods.
Manual Methods to Convert MBOX to PST
For manual conversion, you’d have to follow 4 steps given below. We’ll use Apple Mail(MBOX), Eudora, Outlook Express and MS Outlook.
Step 1: Moving Mailbox Data in Apple Mail
- Start Apple Mail on your MAC.
- Now select File >> Import Mailboxes option.
- After that pick the files from where you want to import data. Choose the option File in MBOX Format and click on Continue.
- Then search the location where you’ve saved the MBOX file. Click on Choose to select the files to import. Click on Continue to proceed.
- At last click on “Done” when the process completes. You can check for the imported data in the Import section of Apple Mail.
Step 2:Creating a Mailbox using Eudora
- Add the .mbx file extension to the File that is imported.
- Transfer this File to the Eudora directory. Default location (C: Documents and Settings Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora).
- Now Open Eudora and double-click on filename.mbx and close the app.
- The next step is to use Outlook Express to import the messages.
Step3: Importing Mailbox Using Outlook Express
- Start Outlook Express and go-to File >> Import >> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list and click Next.
- Browse where you’ve stored filename.mbx and choose OK.
- Click on Next >> Next >> Finish. You’ll find the imported mailbox in the local folder section of the Outlook Express.
Step 4: Importing Mailbox from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Start Outlook and go-to File >> Open.
- Choose Import section to access the Import and Export Wizard.
- From the list, choose Import Internet Mail and Address and select Next to proceed.
- Choose “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or windows mail and click on Next option.
- Pick the File to import from the browse option and select Next.
- Click on Finish after the process is complete.
- You can soon see the imported mail in your outlook client.
Drawbacks of Manual methods in MBOX to PST Conversion
You might have observer the manual method includes multiple steps and applications to do a simple task. Regardless of that, there are other disadvantages too like:
- The manual method takes time to complete.
- It requires some level of technical knowledge.
- Requires different applications in each step.
- Data alteration may occur during the process.
- Not suitable if you have years worth of data.
To avoid these shortcomings and make our task simple, we use an MBOX to PST Converter software.
MBOX Migrator is one such tool. Using the tool, you can also export to EML, EMLX, MSG and TXT file format.
How to Convert MBOX to PST Automatically
With the help of this software, you can perform batch conversion of files and save your time.
Here are the steps:
- Run the MBOX to PST Converter software and click on Add Files.
- Pick the MBOX File and click on the Open button.
- Tick the checkbox and click on the Export button.
- In choose export options select ‘Save as PST’.
- Choose the saving path and click on OK button.
- After the process finishes, select OK to end.
A simple and secure solution utilizing which you can also migrate data to clients like Gmail, Zimbra, Outlook, and more.
Moving data from one application to another is never an easy task and carries a slight risk.
In this article, we saw how to convert MBOX to PST by various methods.
You can face a challenge during any of the steps and may have to restart if you’re doing the conversion manually.
To avoid unnecessary steps and complex solutions, we use an MBOX Migrator .
Being self intuitive and having a GUI makes it suitable for even a novice. Coming with a free trial makes it a must-have tool for all your conversion needs.