Top 02 Methods to Convert MBOX to PST File – Step by Step
Summary: Are you searching for a solution to convert Mac MBOX to PST? If so, then you have opened the right article. In this blog, we’ll discuss how to Convert MBOX to PST, and you will learn different methods using manual and automatic third-party solutions. One efficient third-party solution for this task is the Aryson MBOX Migrator Tool. This tool offers a user-friendly interface and advanced features to streamline the conversion process. First, we’ll discuss the reasons behind the MBOX to PST conversion.
What are the Reasons behind the MBOX to PST Conversion?
There are many reasons why users want to convert Apple Mail MBOX to PST files. Here are a few of the most common reasons:
- Outlook is a popular email client that uses the PST file format. If users want to use Outlook to manage their emails, they must convert their MBOX files to PST.
- Users are switching from an email client that uses the MBOX file format to a PST file format.
- PST files are a more reliable way to backup users’ emails than MBOX files. It is because PST files are less likely to be corrupted.
- When migrating their emails to a new computer, they can convert their MBOX files to PST and then import them into Outlook on the new computer.
- If users’ MBOX files are corrupt, they may be able to repair them by converting them to PST.
The above points are some reasons that lead users to convert MBOX file into PST file format. Now let’s learn how to convert Apple Mail MBOX to PST files.
Best Two Methods to Convert MBOX Files to PST
You can use a third-party email converter tool, or you can do it manually by exporting your Apple Mail mailboxes to MBOX files and then importing them into Outlook. If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-use email converter tool, I recommend using MBOX Converter for Mac. This tool can convert multiple MBOX files into PST, EML, MSG, and other formats. It is also straightforward to use, even if you are not technical.
Two different solutions exist to convert MBOX files into PST format.
- Manual Methods to Convert MBOX to PST
- How to Convert MBOX to PST Automatically
Method 1: Manual Methods to Convert MBOX to PST
This method is a bit technical, but it is free to export MBOX to PST. This method is divided into four steps. With this method, we’ll use Apple Mail (MBOX), Eudora, Outlook Express, and MS Outlook. Let’s move toward the steps:
Step 1: Moving Mailbox Data in Apple Mail
- Start Apple Mail on your Mac.
- Now select File >> Import Mailboxes.
- After that, pick the files from which you want to import data. Choose the option File in MBOX Format and click on Continue.
- Then search the location where you’ve saved the MBOX file. Click on Choose to select the files to import. Click on Continue to proceed.
- At last, click on “Done” when the process completes. You can check for the imported data in the Import section of Apple Mail.
Step 2: Creating a Mailbox using Eudora.
- Add the .mbx file extension to the File that is imported.
- Transfer this File to the Eudora directory. Default location (C: Documents and Settings Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora).
- Now Open Eudora, double-click filename.mbx, and close the app.
- The next step is to use Outlook Express to import the messages.
Step 3: Importing Mailbox Using Outlook Express
- Start Outlook Express and go-to File >> Import >> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list and click Next.
- Browse to where you’ve stored filename.mbx and choose OK.
- Click on Next >> Next >> Finish. You’ll find the imported mailbox in the local folder section of Outlook Express.
Step 4: Importing Mailbox from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Start Outlook and go to File >> Open.
- Choose the Import section to access the Import and Export Wizard.
- Choose Import Internet Mail and Address from the list and select Next to proceed.
- Choose “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, or Windows Mail ” and click Next.
- Pick the File to import from the browse option and select Next.
- Click on Finish after the process is complete.
- You can soon see the imported mail in your Outlook client.
You can convert MBOX files to PST using the above method, but it has some limitations that will make your task easier.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods in MBOX to PST Conversion
You might have observed that the manual method includes multiple steps and applications to do a simple task. Regardless of that, there are other disadvantages:
- The manual method takes time to complete.
- It requires some level of technical knowledge.
- Requires different applications in each step.
- Data alteration may occur during the process.
- Not suitable if you have years’ worth of data.
We use the MBOX Converter for Mac software to avoid these shortcomings and simplify our task. The MBOX Migrator is one such tool that can export to EML, EMLX, MSG, and TXT file formats.
Method 2: How to Convert MBOX to PST Automatically
This method is a direct solution to converting multiple MBOX items to PST. It has a simple user interface; therefore, novice users can use this application quickly and without difficulty. It also provides various features and functions that make your task easier and faster.
Here are the Steps to Convert MBOX to PST Format:
- First, Download and install the MBOX Converter for Mac software.
- Choose whether you want to convert a single file, multiple files, or folders.
- Then, click the Browse button to select the MBOX files you want to convert.
- Select the MBOX file and press the Open button.
- Now, preview the emails with attachments.
- Check the folders that you want to convert.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the saving format and other features, such as if you wish to keep the folder hierarchy.
- Choose the path to save the converted files and click the Convert button.
Note: You can download and try a free demo version to migrate MBOX data into other formats. The trial version can convert 50 items per folder.
Moving data from one place to another is challenging and carries a slight risk. In this article, we saw how to convert MBOX to PST using different methods. If you face challenges during any of the steps, you may have to restart if you do the conversion manually. If you want to avoid unnecessary steps and want complex solutions, you can use the Mac MBOX Converter, which will come with a free trial, making it a must-have tool for all your conversion needs.