In this article, I am going to share the methods which will convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST. I have also provided the direct method which will reduce the risk of losing the NSF files during conversion. So let’s just dive in!!
In this technology updated world where nothing is monotonous. Ever-changing technology may experience some bumps which lead to the use of third-party software to correct the situation. However, there is a solution to every problem in the computer world. So for this conflict as well which says the conversion of lotus notes to outlook pst.
What are the reasons behind NSF to PST?
I have listed some major reasons through which this conversion takes place. In addition to Check out the methods which will surely help you in migrating the emails from NSF to PST.
- Users can work even offline when comes to efficiency. It is because of the OST file in Outlook.
- Management of emails and other data is best.
- Most secured email client.
- Probably the popularity is also because of the organised and friendly user interface of Outlook.
- Maintenance is also better than other email clients. As provides inbuilt exe’s to correct the smaller blunders.
- Multitasking feature is used in Outlook.
- Sharing properties is also there which makes it different from the crowd.
How to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST
Here are the methods through which you can convert NSF format to PST format. To begin with, you need to use
- Lotus Notes
- MS Outlook
In Lotus Notes:
- Run Lotus Notes.
- Navigate and browse for the files which need to get converted.
- Selecting the file click the Open button.
- In Lotus Notes application go to the File menu.
- From that drop down menu select export option.
- Now select the location where you want to store the selected files.
- In below “save as type” tab click “structured data” or “comma separated value”.
- Simply select the “export” button.
- When you selected a type you will get a CSV wizard where you need to select the points as per “type”.
- Accordingly, click on the OK button.
With these above steps, you will easily able to convert NSF to Outlook PST. However, now you are required to import these above-saved files to MS Outlook PST.
In MS Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose the “File” option in the menu and select the “open”.
- Select Import and export in the option.
- In this Import and Export wizard select “Import from another program or file”.
- Select the “Next” button.
- Another wizard “import a file” will be displayed on the screen.
- From there select comma separated values(Windows) and accordingly select “Next”.
- Now the file which you have saved navigate it and browse in the location bar. Follow “Next”.
- Choose the location where you want to store the converted data.
- Select the “Finish” button.
These above steps will help you in importing the files in MS Outlook and surely you will be able to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook pst.
You may also read: Apple Mail to Outlook PST
Limitations of following manual techniques for the conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook
With the advancement in technology, a number of options increases when we try to migrate NSF to PST or any other conversion related to email migration. With this, there arise the drawbacks in particular methods. Dealing with that here are some.
- Too lengthy and cumbersome.
- Becomes Burdensome for novice users.
- For non-technical person becomes a prudent situation to follow each step.
- Chances of losing data.
- Inappropriate for lengthy NSF files.
How to successfully migrate NSF files to PST?
In particular, I would say manual methods will work fine if you follow the above-given steps. However, if somewhere you are not able to convert lotus notes to outlook pst then you can check out this method also. With this professional approach, the user will save precious time and concerned data. It is quick and robust which will give satisfactory results. Hence, if you are looking for the maximum pertaining output then go for NSF to PST file converter.
If you are the layman in the technical field or simply a novice person then try the method which will lower the risk factor in order to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST. Thus, the manual method will equally give you the results as well!!!